"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."- Leonardo da Vinci

1.06.2013

Snow day

Happy 2013! I may be a little late to the New Year bandwagon, but my family and I really tried to take advantage of every free minute we had during this break, and really disconnect.

As of tomorrow morning, we are back to our regular routine, daddy traveling, Aidan is back with his little daycare group, and I am off to my 9 to 5 job, and starting on a new KAL. I have once again joined in one of Shannon's KAL's. This one, being inspired by Downton Abbey. Anyone else a fan? I absolutely love it. My yarn has not yet arrived, and even though we are set to start tonight, I am hoping I will be able to catch up quickly. I have chosen to knit Imogen Cowl, by the talented Carrie Bostick Hoge using Quince & Co Tern yarn in seagrass. I cannot wait to get started.

In the meantime I have some pictures taken during our snowstorm last week. We were stuck in the house for a day and a half, and had to be creative to pass the time. Here's what we did.




Once the snow finally stopped, we bundled up, took the sled and camera, and headed out for some real fun. Here's what our neighborhood looks like now.






I have not forgotten about posting pictures of my Christmas gifts, I will get around too that soon. Until then, a Happy Healthy New year to everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Happy New year to you and your family as well.

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year! Love the snow pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have finally snow too! So I don't have to look at everyone's pictures with envy! Thanks for mentioning the KAL, I need a new TV serie for feeding time... I could knit inspired by it! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nat, you would certainly love both the show, and the KAL. I only started knitting my own project yesterday, as my yarn arrived late, you can still join in!

      Delete