"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."- Leonardo da Vinci

2.10.2013

Imogen Cowl- a finished project

Only a few days ago I blogged about a wonderful Knit-along organized and hosted by the lovely Shannon of the luvinthemommyhood blog. This is the 5th of her KAL's that I have signed up for. Why so many? I simply can't get enough of the fun conversations all the participants have, of the inspirational stories some of these ladies share, of the helpful advice and the encouraging words. The more I get involved, the more I realize what a wonderful, warm and kind community the knitting community is. And yes, I am also aware that I have said this many times before.

But enough with the mushy stuff. Let me introduce you to my finished project. As I mentioned last time, it is called the Imogen Cowl and to me it was the perfect Downton Abbey inspired knit. I did not expect to finish it on time, and the only reason I did, is because I decided to shorten it, to forgo the loop. I don't think it takes away from the beauty of the lacework though, and I am happy with the result.

After days of being stuck in the deep-freeze and suffering through gray skies, we had a beautiful sunny weekend that allowed my to properly photograph it. Once again, I have to thank my husband who patiently followed instructions and took tons of photos until I declared, "Ok, I think we're done". 

I also have to mention the yarn. It is the first time I used Quince & Co and I simply adored knitting with it. It is wonderful to work with, it's wonderfully soft, and once blocked it really makes the pattern pop. I cannot wait to choose more patterns to try this yarn with.



4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Rebecca, thank you, I am pretty proud, I have to say.

      Delete
  2. It's beautiful and looks beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete