"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."- Leonardo da Vinci

7.07.2014

Finningan's Market- Love where you live

In catching up with my blog reading recently, I was thrilled to see that Gabrielle, also known as Design Mom, is bringing back one of my favourite "columns", called "Love where you live". (Hop over for lots of fun blog posts!)

When I first read about this series of posts, I was really inspired to make an effort to explore fun and beautiful places close to home. We will be spending this summer in Montreal, so I am certainly determined to "love where I live" even more.

For a while now I have wanted to check out Finnegan's market. It is an outdoor antique market that takes place every Saturday in the summer. We thought it would be a fun outing with the kids, that we could finish off with a picnic. 

It seems that I completely forgot how chaotic it is to travel with babies in tow. Our day was not off to a great start. It took forever to get out of the house as it was impossible to get organized. In the end, my son left wearing the T-shirt he had slept in, and I had no time to make anything for our picnic. ( A big thanks to my sister here who rescued our lunch and made sandwiches for everyone! AND remembered to bring my dad!!!) But, we made it out of the house and believe me, that is something to be proud of these days! The 30 minute drive served to cool everyone's tempers, and by the time we got there we were all smiles and ready to explore.

The weather was perfect for a stroll through the stalls, for admiring, chatting and enjoying. I saw so many knick-knacks that I would have loved to bring home with me, here are a few glimpses.





Lovely garden accessories

                                                   
                                                 Happiness in a popsicle


                                                      Endless treasures to discover


                                             And of course something knitting related



                                                         Cousins


And last but not least, the reason I am not getting any sleep these days

Here, herehere  and here are my other "Love where you live posts". 

8 comments:

  1. Oh my. You had me at "outdoor antique market". This looks amazing! From the French sign to the massive barn. Every detail. I want to be there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gabrielle! I am certainly planning on going back!

      Delete
  2. That last photo is the best! Looks like she's been sprung doing something naughty!
    I love markets too and can commiserate with you on how hard it is to get the whole family out the door at a reasonable hour. But it's always worth the effort. Thanks for sharing what looks like a really fun day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristy, it's true she often has that look....makes me wonder,.....

      Delete
  3. What part of town is that market in? Never heard of it before. Sounds nice! Sienna is sooooooooooooooo cute! Love that pic of her. What kind of woolens did they have there? Did you buy anything in the end? Take anything home? Looks like it was a lot of fun! That's awesome that your sister rescued your lunch. Phew!

    Ps- I have no idea how I get out of the door most days... truth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's in Hudson, right off the Main Street. Wool they had none, just that sign which I thought was cute, and some old sock shaper thingies.
      Honestly if I'd be half as organized as you are I'd be ecstatic!!!

      Delete
    2. Who says I'm organized.

      PS, blogger doesn't notify me that you responded. I came back to your blog for some reason to check something on this post and saw you replied...

      Delete
  4. She is so so cute! We are starting to really explore where we live as every weekend we have to find new activities for our outdoorsy little one, may have a look at design Mom.

    ReplyDelete